• How to enrol
For the procedures and related terms for
- transferral from and to other universities;
- moving from or to other courses of study;
- returning to a university career;
please contact the Student affairs office of the University of Pisa.
• Access requirements
To enrol in the Bachelor's Degree Course in Mathematics, other than good written and oral communication skills, the following knowledge of basic mathematics is required:
- operations and inequalities between fractions;
- operations and inequalities between real numbers;
- familiarity with the manipulation of simple algebraic expressions and with solving algebraic equations and inequalities of degree one and two;
- elements of Euclidean and analytic geometry;
- familiarity with the definitions and basic properties of elementary functions (polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric functions).
The knowledge is verified through an evaluation test; additional information on it can be found in the dedicated page. If a student does not participate to the test, or fails it, he/she can still enrol on the Bachelor's Degree Course, but he/she is loaded with an Additional Learning Obligation (Obbligo Formativo Aggiuntivo, OFA). The obligation is considered fulfilled according to the rules in the dedicated page.