Vitaly Bergelson (Ohio, USA), Andreas Blass (Ann Arbor, USA),
Renling Jin (Charleston, USA)
Department of Mathematics "Leonida Tonelli", University of Pisa
Chair: Mauro Di Nasso
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org where x=ultramath
The international Congress "ULTRAMATH" aims to present recent results in the whole spectrum of mathematics which are grounded on the use of ultrafilters and ultraproducts. Its main goals:
- Disseminate information about the various techniques related to the use of ultrafilters and ultraproducts, and their potential to attack open problems.
- Bring together researchers with different backgrounds, and encourage their collaborations and interactions, especially on topics connecting different areas of mathematics.
The covered topics include (but are not limited to):
- Additive/Combinatorial Number Theory.
- Combinatorics, Ramsey Theory, Ergodic Theory.
- General Topology.
- Measure Theory.
- Metric Spaces.
- Functional Analysis.
- Nonstandard methods.
- Set theory and foundations.
Greater prominence will be given to those results that satisfy (most of) the following conditions:
- the results can be formulated and presented in non-specialist terms, and be in principle understandable by any practicing mathematician.
- the usage of ultrafilters/ultraproducts is important (or even essential) in obtaining these results.
- the results connect different areas of mathematics.
- the results reveal new facets of known important topics.
If you want to be included in our mailing list, just send us an email to "ultramath_at_dm.unipi.it".