The AI4Text group at the Institute for the Science and Technologies of Information from the Italian National Council of Research has a number of Ph.D. positions available on topics related to the application of machine learning to the analysis and management of textual information. Topics
of interest especially include:
- learning to quantify (a.k.a. quantification, or supervised prevalence estimation)
- technology-assisted review and its applications
- authorship analysis (including authorship attribution, native language identification, and others)
- cross-lingual and cross-modal classification
- active learning for interactive classification
Successful candidates will attend the Ph.D. programme at the University of Pisa, and carry out their research at ISTI-CNR, also in Pisa, under the supervision of researchers from the AI4Text group.
Candidates must apply by February 1, 2023: see the link for details on the application procedure.
The fellowships funded by the AIMH group are the following:
ING_INFO03_E: Information Engineering.
Research project in: “Information Technology III” on the subject “Artificial intelligence applied to the analysis of multimedia or textual information” (3 fellowships): see link.
DN01_E: National Ph.D. programme in Artificial Intelligence for Society.
Research project in: “Artificial intelligence for the analysis of multimedia or textual data” (2 fellowships): see link.
INFO03_E: PhD programme in Computer Science.
Research project in: “Artificial intelligence for multimedia and text analysis” (1 fellowship); see link.