How to enrol
For more info on procedures and deadlines with regards to:
- transfer from or to other universities;
- transfer from or to a different study course;
- reactivation of a university career;
please contact the Student Administration Office (link to page in Italian) of the University of Pisa.
To enrol in the Bachelor’s Degree Course in Mathematics, in addition to good written and oral communication skills, knowledge of the following topics in basic mathematics is required:
- operations and inequalities with fractions;
- operations and inequalities with real numbers;
- familiarity in manipulating simple algebraic expressions and in solving first- and second-degree algebraic equations and inequalities;
- fundamentals of Euclidean and analytic geometry;
- familiarity with the definitions and properties of elementary functions (polynomial, exponential, logarithmic and trigonometric functions).
Knowledge of the topics above is verified through an evaluation test; additional information on it can be found on the dedicated page. Students who do not take or pass the test can still enrol in the Bachelor’s Degree Course in Mathematics, but they will have an Additional Learning Obligation (Obbligo Formativo Aggiuntivo, OFA). The obligation is considered fulfilled according to the rules found on the dedicated page.