This page contains information on the deadlines and obligations in order to obtain the degree; please see also the instructions on the University website (link to page in Italian). The method of determining the final graduation grade is detailed in the specific section of the Master’s Degree Course Handbooks.
The Master’s Degree thesis must be submitted in electronic format through the ETD portal, following the instructions on the University website (link to page in Italian).
Notice. “Academic Services Office” refers to the office in the Department of Mathematics; “Student Administration Office” refers to the central office of the University, located in building D in Largo Pontecorvo 5.
At least 30 days before the graduation session
- Online, to the Student Administration Office: submit the request through the Alice portal. Notice: if none of the supervisors belong to the University of Pisa or to another Pisan academic institution, please contact the President of the Study Course before the submission;
- Online, to the Academic Services Office: submit the request through the CAPS interface. Login with your academic credentials, choose “Moduli” on the left menu and select “Laurea Magistrale: domanda di esame finale”. You will be asked to insert some information, including the proposal of three supervisors (to be agreed upon with your main thesis supervisor), and to attach two documents: the thesis abstract and the copy of the receipt of the evaluation questionnaire. You should not attach your study plan, as it will be obtained directly by the office through CAPS.
At least 15 days before the graduation session
- Student Administration Office: upload the following documentation through the Alice portal:
- copy of the ‘libretto universitario’ (Transcript of Records) (instructions, in Italian);
- thesis frontispiece, generated and printed directly from ETD; the frontispiece must be signed digitally by the main supervisor (see also the instructions on the University website, in Italian);
- copy of the receipt of the evaluation questionnaire. Notice. For any doubt with regards to your obligations, please refer to the instructions on the University website (in Italian); if doubts remain, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: in the event of renunciation of the graduation session in which one has been registered, it is important to cancel immediately the application request through the Alice portal, and to notify both offices by emailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.